View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 06:37 AM

Default 1973-Little Feat Live!

I've been a fan of Little Feat for more than 50 years. In 1973 I got to see them (with Bonnie Raitt opening) at a small nightclub in Pittsburgh. It was the best concert I've ever experienced. For many years I've wished that there could have been a recording of that concert, but of course that was a time before cell phones and quality portable recording equipment existed.

Recently, I was surprised and thrilled to find this recording of Little Feat performing live at Ultrasonic Studios in Hempstead, NY on 4-10-1973, less than a month after the concert that I attended in Pittsburgh. The set they performed at Ultrasonic is almost the same (albeit shorter and without 2 encores) as the one I heard them perform. If you're a Little Feat fan, and especially if you're a fan of the live Waiting For Columbus album, and have craved to hear more of their fantastic live sound I highly recommend giving this a listen. If you're not familiar with Little Feat you might find that you'll enjoy hearing one of the best live performance rock bands of any era. For me it's like entering a time machine and going back to one of the most enjoyable musical experiences of my life.

Enjoy!

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24