View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazGuy View Post
Okay, we decided to go for something between a Martin 42 and 28 style, which means abalone rosette . Do you know anything about the dimensions of the abalone in those rosettes? I just need the width of the abalone and stipes that go in the central ring, the inner and outer ring we know the measurements.

Ps: I know that abalone rosette doesn't mean anything between 42 and 28 series, so I would say that I want a custom guitar: D
And about this!!! Gabriel (the builder) isn't sure about the measures that Martin used in the past. But it has its own measurements depending on the body size. The following measures are define as follows: first number are the rosette width and the second are for the guitar top and fingerboard extension.

Small body guitars(0/00): 1.6mm (0.62") / 2.0mm (0.78")

Medium body guitars (OM/000): 2.5mm (0.78") / 3.0mm (0.12")

Big body guitars (D/J): 3.0mm (0.12") / 3.5mm (0.14")

The builder likes to use abalone rosette when using abalone purfling, but I don't like the full abalone inlays on the face of the guitar, so it's going to be herringbone top purfling, and to match things I asked for 3.0mm abalone ring (the herringbone are 3.5mm wide). So we going to have a 5mm center ring (pear plus violin combo) and standard outer and inner ring.

Cordeiro OM (bear claw german/brw)
Rosa Dreadnought (adi/brw)