View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Oh, the nostalgic feelings I have for those teams and their uniforms. Recently when the Pens played the Jets in Winnipeg the Jets wore their original blue uniforms. Man, those were gorgeous!! They should go back to them as their regulars. Always loved the Whalers unis, and the Nordiques were my favorite team other than the Pens for a good number of years. When those two teams met they played wide open offense-minded offense in an era of clutch and grab. It was so refreshing to watch those games with the great talent they both had.

Congrats to your Flames! They've gotten their game together in a big way. I was surprised earlier in the year when the Pens beat them 9-1 in Calgary. I'm guessing the Flames are looking forward to some revenge when they play the Pens in Pittsburgh in February. Should be a great game!!!

I don't see enough of any team other than the Pens to really know how good a particular player might be. Yes, there are stats, but the eye test means a lot to me in my evaluation of players. What I do know is that Sidney Crosby and Kris Letang have been the MVPs for the Pens to this point in the season. Both are playing both offensively and defensively at an elite level. Crosby's defensive stats are Selke good, and he's on pace for a 107 point season. Letang is playing almost 26 minutes a game, is a +14, and on a pace for 20 goals and 75 points; a Norris trophy candidate for sure. Although admittedly biased and small sample size, I haven't seen any player on any opposing team that I thought plays as complete a game as either Crosby or Letang.

Should be an exciting second half of the NHL season ahead!!
Gaudreau just scored a sneaky one, in ChiTown. He's a generational talent. So is Tkachuk. That shellacking by the Pens earlier in the season got us going. The Pens have really put it together, of late - they were really struggling, earlier in the season. They are a classy group.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan