View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
My Flames are a very dangerous team, especially if Neal gets going (I have my doubts). Rittich could win the Vezina. Peters the Adams. This has to be one of the most wide-open seasons in a while. Who knows who will win Lord Stanley's Cup, hey?!

As for other topics discussed;

I miss the Whalers. And their jerseys. How could anyone not miss the Hartford Whalers, the Quebec Nordiques, and the original Winnipeg Jets jerseys?!

Crosby is all class. A great ambassador, for the game.

Anyone following the World Juniors? Finland looks tough, as does the USA. How about KHAZAKHSTAN!!

Mid-season award winners;

Hart: Mackinnon/Colorado
Vezina: Either Gibson/Anaheim, or Rittich/Calgary
Norris: Giordano/Calgary
Ross: Either Kucherov/Tampa, or MacKinnon or Gaudreau/Calgary
Calder: Pettersson/Vancouver
Byng: Crosby/Pittsburgh
Richard: Ovechkin/Washington
Selke: Always Bergeron/Boston
Adams: Peters/Calgary

I'd take Giordano for the Clancy, as well.
Oh, the nostalgic feelings I have for those teams and their uniforms. Recently when the Pens played the Jets in Winnipeg the Jets wore their original blue uniforms. Man, those were gorgeous!! They should go back to them as their regulars. Always loved the Whalers unis, and the Nordiques were my favorite team other than the Pens for a good number of years. When those two teams met they played wide open offense-minded offense in an era of clutch and grab. It was so refreshing to watch those games with the great talent they both had.

Congrats to your Flames! They've gotten their game together in a big way. I was surprised earlier in the year when the Pens beat them 9-1 in Calgary. I'm guessing the Flames are looking forward to some revenge when they play the Pens in Pittsburgh in February. Should be a great game!!!

I don't see enough of any team other than the Pens to really know how good a particular player might be. Yes, there are stats, but the eye test means a lot to me in my evaluation of players. What I do know is that Sidney Crosby and Kris Letang have been the MVPs for the Pens to this point in the season. Both are playing both offensively and defensively at an elite level. Crosby's defensive stats are Selke good, and he's on pace for a 107 point season. Letang is playing almost 26 minutes a game, is a +14, and on a pace for 20 goals and 75 points; a Norris trophy candidate for sure. Although admittedly biased and small sample size, I haven't seen any player on any opposing team that I thought plays as complete a game as either Crosby or Letang.

Should be an exciting second half of the NHL season ahead!!

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24