View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
I haven't visited his site, I'm assuming that the following questions are not yet addressed there. Maybe not everything is even set in stone yet anyway?

It seems complicated to ship a guitar to other parts of the world without a middle man (dealer) to assume partial responsibility to get the guitars from manufacturing to owners. I would be interested in how the details are worked out because I can't think of a single time in history where this type of promotion has gone on involving guitars- and certainly no promotions extending across the Atlantic.

Will all guitars will be insured both ways should a prospective buyer decide a particular Emerald is not for him/ her- eliminating any responsibility to a potential customer?

If a prospective buyer does end up pulling the trigger on a trial Emerald, does the cost go slightly down for the buyer who, assuming, has payed the shipping and/or a refundable or non-refundable down payment?

Will the guitars shipped as loaners be "beater" guitars that will be shipped back and then a customer can order according to their new found hands on experience or will a guitar or will they all be new and sold "as is", thus leaving custom jobs to customers who are willing to wait for an instrument?

Just some thoughts that I'm having on this since I thought that Michael Stone over at MacNichol had an excellent program going on with "road trips", of which I was too late coming into the CF scene to ever really participate before MacNichol closed shop.
Lots of great questions here.
We have been shipping guitars all over the world for the past few years and especially to the USA and it has been a remarkably simple and reliable experience. Carbon is the real key here as the strength means the chances of damage are minimal.
We will be following a similar model to the MacNichol road trips where we will be shipping a guitar from customer to customer arranging the logistics all from here using the power of the internet. Everything will be insured and a person trying a guitar will carry zero liability. We are taking all the risks here.
For a small fee you will have a guitar for a weeks trial. You won't have the option to buy this guitar. If you place an order subsequently the cost of the trial will be deducted from the price.
We plan to roll this out with all our guitars and give you guys the chance to play guitars that you would never find hanging in your local store. We have a few things still to finalise before this kicks off but its in the pipeline. If anyone is interested please drop us an email at [email protected]
For now we will only be offering this in USA but may extend it to other regions down the line.
Alistair