View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 05:57 PM

Default My New Yamaha LL-16-12 Has Arrived

I have an old post from a few weeks ago about buying a used Yamaha LL-16-12
From Guitar Center.
The guitar had issues that made me return the guitar.

I loved the sound and feel of the guitar so much that I ordered a new one from Sweetwater. Guitar Center didn't offer a new one.

The guitar arrived yesterday and today I got to spend some quality time with it.
I am very happy with it so far.
The sound is rich and full with more bass than any other 12 string that I have ever owned, including 2 Guild 12 strings.
This is my first solid wood rosewood back and sides 12 string, which I credit the extra bass to.

The neck is very comfortable and the set up is very good.
This guitar frets easier than some of my 6 string guitars.

I sold my Yamaha L-20A to fund the new 12 string.
I will miss the L-20A but the LL-16-12 will get more playing time as I have several other great 6 string guitars to fall back on.

I have been following the other Yamaha top end thread but didn't want to put my NGD on that thread.

One thing that really stands out on the LL-16-12 is how well it accepts a capo and still stays in tune.
Far better that any other 12 string that I have owned in the past.
I purchased a new G7th Newport 12 string compensated capo and it does a great job on this guitar.
I highly recommend this capo for 12 string guitars.

The strings look like 80/20 of some kind.
I will give my favorite D'Addario strings a try when these strings need to be replaced.

I plugged in to see how the pickup sounds and I was very happy with what I heard. The guitar sounds louder of course but not at all electric.

All in all, I am very happy with the guitar so far.
Time will tell how long the honeymoon lasts.