View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 04:37 PM

Default Saw Peppino D'Agostino

The Connecticut guitar society held it's annual guitar day this past Saturday at Central Connecticut University.

www.ctguitar.org

(The society had been primarily oriented toward classical guitar, but they've really branched out in recent years)

There was great workshops by musicians & luthier's all day including one with Peppino. He gave some great tips on his song writing techniques & use of altered tunings.

The day ended with an evening concert at the Asylum Hill Congregational Church in Hartford by Peppino. I was blown away by his musical talent and playing.

As a side note, I was there early & was able to chat with him about the day's activities, etc.. He was also testing his wireless system that allows him to move anywhere. He did a wandering minstrel type section of his show where he left the stage and strolled through the audience playing tunes right in front of folks.

At one point, he was was ready to get changed for the show and was trying to decide where to place his guitar. I offered to take it up to the stage for him. Since he knew me from the day's activities, he willingly let me handle it for him. I sheepishly asked if I could play it a little. I was amazed when he said YES.

WOW, it's a nice Seagull guitar, it's called a grand concert size. As near as I can tell it's not quite a dreadnought. The width at the nut felt big to me for a steel string... I asked him when he returned and he told me it's 1.9".... Wide enough his preferred playing.

Loved the show and Peppino.
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop