View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 02:42 PM

Oh, for those still on the fence, I would advise popping for the cellular version. Yeah, it's more expensive and one more monthly bill to pay, but if secure wi-fi (or any wi-fi) is unavailable on the fly she wouldn't have to burn through her cellphone's data plan using the phone as a wi-fi hotspot. That's my one regret--I got the wi-fi-only version.

Those little white rubber adaptors I mentioned are available on Amazon (mine is made by Fintie), and invaluable--even if you get just the end-cap "leash" it'll save you a lot of grief because users report the end-cap's magnetic closure isn't as secure as it should be, and you don't want the pencil's Lightning connector exposed & vulnerable. Maybe Best Buy has them (but don't hold your breath). And the Apple Pencil and SmartKeyboard are the same price everywhere. (With a student discount, she can get the Logitech Crayon much more cheaply--it's available only for the education market, which I assume includes students as well as teachers & schools). As for capacity, 128GB wasn't available and 64 is no more than what my phone has, so I went for the 256GB version. All told, I paid less than I did when I bought my 128GB MBAir in 2013.

SanDisk also makes Lightning jump drives.

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.