View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 07:33 AM

Default Martin Lifespan SPs

Good morning everyone! Dr. Lisa is up to string stuff...hmmm

Ok, so I think Ted sent me the Martin Lifespan SPs for free a few years back when I got my Shorty. My Elixirs were worn out and I didn't have any in the house. Found the Martin strings in a drawer and installed them a couple of weeks ago.

Patience here. They took a bit to settle in. At first it was ugly, but now I love them. So what I am hearing from you folks here is that Martin strings need time. Not all of us are patient, lol. I even did some strumming (I am a fingerstyle player) to try to break them in faster, lol!

So now that I have had Kramster install Elixirs on all of his guitars, he might want to try these out at some point. Elixir strings definitely seem to be a good pairing with CF guitars no doubt about it.

Now I want Kramster to listen to my Shorty with these strings so I won't change to the Retros quite yet. Changing strings is like Christmas in my home, it is so much fun to see how the sound will unfold!

What I like about the Lifespan SP strings:

1. I really get better volume than the Elixirs
2. I like the feel of them
3. I really love the trebles
4. The "D" string took the longest to break in, very tinny for a bit
5. Be patient they take a while to break in!

Next review...well I am waiting for Kramster to get an El Capitan. I really love the Ekoa material, and I am looking forward to playing the Savoy since it just got it's new set up. I will be fair in my reviews and tone down, promise! Thanks for all of your love!

Dr. Lisa

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo