View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 07:09 PM

I got my OF660 back from the luthier on Friday. He leveled the frets. Apparently, some were pretty high. He also lowered the saddle and the nut. The action is now low and it's much easier to play. However, I've found that I need to adjust my playing style to use a lighter touch. I can still get the guitar frets to buzz of the bass strings, if I'm hitting the alternating bass in my customary manner, but it's easy to avoid this by using a bit lighter touch. (Maybe not the best guitar for Charlie Patton string snapping.) The barre chords I wanted to play are no longer requiring a lot of pressure, which was my goal. What I've learned, I think, is that if one wants to play in two different guitar styles, then maybe one should have two guitars each with a different level of action. I think I've also learned that the Journey needs a professional set up. I didn't really expect this with a guitar in this price range. I have not bought very many guitars in my life so I guess I was a bit naive. Anyway, I enjoyed playing it over the weekend and I plan to test it's traveling properties on a vacation to the Caribbean in a few days.