View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 09:26 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Two Hands Guitars (shop update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fregly View Post
That mango is somehing else. What sound qualities will it bring? Is it a heavy dense wood, or more in the mahogany realm?
Mango seems to share a lot of tactile characteristics (as well as working qualities) with the Koa and Mahogany guitars that I recently completed...as well as the Pyinma guitar that I’m currently building and a previous Imbuia guitar I built a couple of years ago. All quite different tonally from EIR, Cocobolo, African Blackwood and such.

I’ve not yet built a Mango guitar, but I expect that it will produce a warm, balanced, mellow and focused tone...much like these other guitars sharing similar properties. I’m looking forward to finding out what it’s similarities and differences will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
I have to say, it is sure a pleasure to work side by side with Joel. He's a real inspiration. The Pyinma 00 is now ready for finish, and it is just mind blowingly beautiful. I freely admit to feeling quite envious of this one. The design is brilliantly elemental, completely elegant in every aspect, and immaculately constructed, with the cleanest workmanship you'll ever see. And how awesome is it that Joel pulled out all the stops on this one, the first prototype of his Venus 00 model. Outstanding work, my friend!

And now he's upping the ante with this insane Mango set. What a kick to see this happening!

Thanks Steve.
As we’ve talked about before, our aesthetic sensibilities are quite different. I love all of the visual texture that your guitars display, and I admire the beauty you create with the illusion of movement through this visual energy.....elegantly controlled energy.

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS