View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk View Post
I am getting more serious about actually pulling the trigger on a crossover guitar. I’m looking a price point of around $2000. A Goodall would be my choice but that ain’t happening. For my purposes I’ve narrowed it down to a Kenny Hill New World Player Fingerstyle and a Furch Crossover.. I don’t have the option of playing either before I buy one.

I am probably leaning towards the Furch but I have concerns about the 1 3/4 inch nut. As background I had an Applegate crossover for several years. It had a 2 in nut and I never got to the point where I could easily transition back and forth between that and the 1 3/4 inch on my steel strings. I always had an issue accurately hitting the B and E strings with my little finger. I don’t have the longest of fingers.

My concern is that with 1 3/4 inch with nylon strings I will have problems cleanly fingering the treble strings. I ‘think’ the 1 7/8 inch nut on the Hill would not offer the same potential problem.

Any thoughts?

Jack

Jack,

Have you thought about going through a local Furch dealer to inquire about a 48 mm nut instead of their standard 45mm?