View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 08:43 AM

Default Week 2

Week 2 saw more progress with the back preparation and bracing completed. The fretboard also started to take shape - I loved how the grain showed up once it had been prepared. And the sides were bent as well.

IMG_0161.jpeg

IMG_0208.jpeg

IMG_0222.jpeg

One thing that I've loved about the development of Rory's aesthetic in the last couple of years has been his use of colour. We've had all sorts of references from "Kingfisher Blue", "Violet backed Starling" (check out Scallywag's thread if you've not seen this one!), and seafoam green as a hint to the future. I tried to top the lot because I can define my favourite colour by wavelength (it's 488nm for anyone interested).

Most of my career has been spent playing with lasers, and I especially like the green and blue ones. Some of the veneers that Rory has used for decoration have a vibrancy that remind me of these laser colours. Coupling this with the fact that my dad and I have always bonded over rugby where our team plays in green and blue made it was easy to identify what I wanted in the colour palette.

Photos came in this week to show what had been chosen, and I think Rory nailed it. I'm really excited to see how this looks against the dark EIR.

488 and 532nm lasers.jpg

Blue for outside.jpeg