View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 07:33 PM

Default B.I.G. (the return)UPDATE: Tony McManus is confirmed!

[OK, having to cancel the last B.I.G. about a year to the month ago was very difficult after the amount of work put in. We have decided to try again with the event planned for Sept. 3rd, 4th, and 5th, 2021 in New Braunfels, TX just northeast of San Antonio. Things are improving throughout most of the country especially in Tx. None of us knows what the future holds, but so many of us need something to look forward to and Kathy and I hope that our party may be that something.

We have begun planning and here are the list of luthiers booked to come: Ben Wilborn, Steve Kinnaird and Ryan Middlebrook, Lamehorse guitars, Rebecca Urlacher, Edwinson guitars, Leo Buendia, John Kinnaird, Mark Hatcher, and Two Hands Guitar Co. Gerry Humphrey who makes custom built acoustic amps will also be returning. Personally, I think this is quite a lineup. Recently added Jason Kostal!

For those who came before, you will see an extra day was added. This means an opportunity for an additional house concert at the very least! We have none other than our very own Dustin Furlow coming to perform on Friday night and probably a workshop on Saturday. Saturday evenings concert is the return of Frog and Toad (Brad Jones and Ben Wilborn) who I know have been writing and working on many new songs. These guys will also be doing a workshop on song writing. AND, the final piece of the puzzle is in place, Tony McManus is coming to play, do a workshop, and provide a group and private lesson!

Food: Friday we will have a food truck on site which has awesome selections. Saturday will be the catered BBQ again. Sunday is brunch and a return of the bloody mary bar! Soft drinks, water, beer, and wine served all weekend with whiskey sampling again, usually local Texas distilleries.

We have rooms reserved at a Fairfield Inn about 15-20 minutes away at a discounted rate and there are plenty of VRBOs and AirB&Bs around.

For those who were here for the first B.I.G., we have moved so you may not want to rebook at the same places as before although we are only about 35 minutes from the old place.

With the uncertainty that still exists in our world, we are not taking deposits to reserve your spot, but please PM me or send me an email if you want to get put on the list to reserve your spot and to get more details including the link to the discounted rate at the hotel.

This is a very unique opportunity to meet your AGF friends face to face and to get to know these world class luthiers one on one. The event is small enough that it feels more like a bunch of friends just getting together for a weekend of things we love, guitars, music, friends, good food and drink yet large enough to have a variety of guitars to play and fall in love with. You can buy that perfect guitar that you find at the show or commission one with your perfect specs.

I think it you look back at the old threads, you will see a great time was had by all and many folks regretted not coming, don't let that be you.

Tom and Kathy

Last edited by TomB'sox; 08-04-2021 at 07:06 PM.