Thread: Anthem + K&K
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 04:54 PM

I finally got a chance to install the Element, which required adjusting my saddle and drilling a hole for it. I plugged the Element into the Anthem preamp and the K&K into the RING terminal using the 2.5 mm jack.

First impressions: Wow.
First of all, the Anthem is really great by itself. I messed around with the mix knob, but honestly I just like rolling it all the way up to get as much mic as possible. Then it sure sounded a lot like my Lyric + K&K experience, only the low end had more ATTACK (because of the UST). But the UST doesn't really seem as bad as I remember them in the past... probably because it's only covering the low end.

Adding in the K&K: it's going to take some time to see how much I want. Having it in a separate channel allows me to EQ it separately from the Anthem, which is necessary I think. It feels to me there may be a sweet spot where the Anthem dominates on strumming, while the warmth of the K&K may become more apparent for fingerpicking and lead work. Not sure yet.

I'm playing for the Christmas service on Dec 21, so I'll get a full band experience then. I'm very excited about this combination.
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood!
'21 Gretsch 5622
'22 Furch Red Pure G-LR - Barbera Soloist
ST-300 Mini + DIY mic preamp