View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseth View Post
Wouldn't the K&K just end up handling the frequencies that the Element was? (Remember, the low frequencies are what most people find problematic with the K&K PW Mini...)This, assuming that the crossover network is PART of the Amthem's signal chain, and not something that is readily replaced or bypassed, like if it were an integral part of the unit to begin with?

Seems that would be the case with either Anthem; with the SL version, that crossover is fixed and non-adjustable, but the full Anthem gives you the ability to control both the crossover point and the balance between the Element and the Tru-Mic...

Why in the world someone would spend the $$$ on an Anthem and then basically, "re-invent the wheel", seems a far stretch and counter-productive. If you already had the Anthem and didn't like it, pull it out and sell it! They are still in enough demand that a sale could be accomplished fairly easily, I would think... and if you are just considering going this route, just build your own dual-source and have it the way you want it...

I don't get it...
Because that's what we do here at AGF, we re-invent the wheel on occasion! In all seriousness though, I have wanted a K&K + Lyric set up for a while but I just really like the thought of having the mono operation and onboard control module option of the Anthem + the K&K instead of the Element.