View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 01:55 PM

I really like the effects on the Transacoustic guitars. But like any effect, you get more adjustment range than I would ever use. Reverb and Chorus need to be used tastefully no matter what their source is.

I think the Transacoustic system works very well, and it's a great solution if you want those effects IMO. No need to bring anything with you other than your guitar. Runs on commonly available AA batteries which can be easily replaced from the outside of the guitar. No need to remove the strings to place the device or to attach things to the guitar. No need to manipulate it after the strings are back on to find the correct placement.

Apart from this, if you look inside at the actuator on a Transacoustic, it is attached to braces on the back and not attached to the back with magnets or whatever. It seems to me this is probably a better solution for the resonance of the instrument.

Tonewood has obvious advantages, like being able to be used in any guitar, but I think the Transacoustic is a great solution, and the Yamaha LLs are great guitars besides.