View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratokatsu
The copyrights just came back, so my first album of original irritations will be needlessly available in the near future. Ten tracks...

It's called "Not On HBO"... Those who know my real name will get the joke.
Does it have rants? (I know, that's just your opinion, you could be wrong
)

It's official! The debut album by Andina & Rich, "Because We Can" (with the title tune being a duo version, with some more instrumentation, of my infamous Dr. Demento hit) is now available pre-release on CDBaby and at www.andinarich.com. It's the first full release on Madison, WI's Travenia label (which will soon be bringing out CDs by Aaron "I Remember Howard Dean" Nathans, klezmer duo Sof Sof, and ace fingerstylist Bowen Marvik). It features some tasty stuff by some of Madison's best on piano, bass, Irish whistle and violin, as well as the American Dream Memorial Choir on the last cut, the anthemic "You Can't Do It All On Your Own," co-written by Stephen Lee Rich, the UK's Alan Morehouse and a verse from moi; and two holiday songs (Christmas and Hanukkah), one of which has already gotten airplay on Wisconsin Public Radio. Another song, "Safe Home," has been accepted by NPR's "All Songs Considered." And there's some familiar stuff on there as well--familiar if you are fans of Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers, as well as Michael (no "W") Smith.

I'm also featured as a backing vocalist on two CDs by Chicago Christian singer-songwriter John Ludwig: "Grief, Loss and Hope for Tomorrow" and "Working Without a Net." All three CDs are available on CDBaby; John's are also on iTunes, and Andina & Rich should be up there any day now (our cuts on the Travenia "Tappin'..." sampler are already available there for download).

The SASS! EP is not yet available via CDBaby nor on the electronic download services because Susan & I will be finishing up recording the full-length (as yet untitled) CD next month. But you can get the EP--as well as our 4-song concert DVD, featuring our own live version of "Because We Can," from us as well--just e-mail or PM me or visit www.sass-music.com.
Look for the second Old Town School First Friday Songwriters' Exchange sampler to be released in the coming months, with proceeds going to purchase replacement instruments for New Orleans musicians.

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.

Last edited by Chicago Sandy; 12-22-2005 at 11:49 PM. Reason: new info