View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 10:02 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Unlimited Series

I have mentioned before I have been working on my Unlimited Series of one of a kind guitars that I intend to display as I start doing guitar shows this year.
Things happen slowly in this world of guitar making and I am really taking my time with each of the four current guitars I want to have ready this year. I have limited the number of custom orders I am taking to help make time but, I do need to keep money coming in to "keep the lights on"

The first guitar in this series is finished and I had done a build thread here on AGF. This is my Olivewood Italian themed Penelope Guitar;

The second guitar is currently on the bench which is a Black Walnut/Redwood Greta. This guitar is introducing a new concept with it's throated sound port system;

The next guitar will be an all Koa Josie small jumbo. I am doing a Hawaiian theme with this one and am currently doing the groundwork for it. This is why you are seeing me do so much re saw work lately. I had the Koa billet but needed to buy better equipment to reliably cut the wood and needed to train the tool (me) to reliably operate the tools to get the best Koa cuts for this guitar. I've managed to get the 8 guitar sets from the billet and am able to pick the best among them for this all Koa guitar.

I was very happy with the performance of the all mahogany, wedge, fan fret Josie I had made for Ukejon:

I plan to greatly build upon this design and am currently doing quite a bit of research in preparation.

Lastly, I will have my Piña parlor model. Wait till you see what I have planned for this one!

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright