View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 06:42 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
My LGS has a nice selection of Composite Acoustics hanging on the wall (usually four in one store and three in the other branch) and they tell me they have about 20 total in stock. My wife bought her gloss blue CA Cargo there about two years ago and is very happy with it.

Sometimes I play the full-sized guitars like the Ox or the Gx and they are quite nice in terms of tone and build quality, and set up. I gave a Gxi a decent test paly while in that shop last week dropping off a flute for overhaul. But I am already pretty set for CF six strings with a classic WS-1000 N1 and a Lucky 13 from last year. I'm not really in the market these days. Otherwise it is likely I would have a full-sized CA by now.

I'm not sure why CA does not get more mention around here, Evan. Maybe it's a limited number of dealers stocking them? That is true of all carbon fiber instruments. I see Rainsong print ads in magazines regularly and Blackbird on rare occasion, but I don't recall seeing a print ad for CA any time recently.
CA was all the rage just before they went belly-up and were taken over by Peavey. I owned an '08 GXi and still have an '08 Cargo RT which I really like. That said, compared to the constantly evolving and innovating other builders, CA under Peavey seems stagnant. Perhaps they're selling well and it's just here at the AGF that they seem under discussed, but members seem to really gravitate to new approaches and models.