View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 06:22 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
It's been a quiet day. thought I'd inject some random thoughts.

Rainsong, Emerald, Journey, and Blackbird have been in the news. Where's Peavey? Peavey took over CA and has done a wonderful job of taking a creative instrument and refining it to a high level of quality. My Peavey Cargo was vastly superior to my original Cargo. But there's been very little here on PV guitars. I think Peavey needs to come out with something new; maybe an electric?

I am anxiously awaiting my new Emerald electric, thin-bodied, nylon string guitar. Its going to be so cool. Ebony veneer. A relatively new pickup. Way cool cream back and sides (maybe). With gold tuners and gold hound(maybe). The neat thing about dealing with Emerald is that it is a collaborative effort between player and maker.

There is risk here. Sometimes the worst thing is to get what you want. I happen to like that risk and Alistair has been really good at setting me straight on what works and what does not work. My new electric, CF, nylon strung guitar is going to be so cool.

Hope this finds you all well and in good sprits.
Maybe CA needs Ellis Seal to inject some innovation.

Yes, your anticipated Emerald nylon electric should be quite something. I'm stoked to see the final product. If I may suggest Evan.....I have the gold hound emblem on my headstocks. I have gold tuners on my Taylor 814c. If I'm properly imagining your new guitar with its predominantly cream and black look, if Emerald can color match the b&s to the cream of the ebony, I would certainly go with that, but I'd also go with black tuners (like the Gotoh "Cosmo" black) and the silver hound emblem. Jmo.