View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 08:48 AM

I have 3 carbon fiber guitars (CA OX-Raw; RainSong H-DR100N2; and a Blackbird Super OM Nylon [one of 5 made]) and a Martin D-35. I have never held nor played a CA Cargo, so have no opinion on it. BUT, my CA OX-Raw is a comfortable, nicely playable, excellent sounding instrument and has made a great travel guitar for me. Like a previous poster, I don't get into measuring, etc., but I know what feels good to me. The carbon fiber guitars do not sound like the Martin, but I don't believe they are intended to -- each of them has a unique tone, as does the D-35.

The only issues I had originally with my OX were that I thought the fret ends were a bit sharp and the edges of the nut were a bit sharp: Both problems were solved when I took it to Elderly and had it set up a year ago in September. As they say in the TV commercial: "Set it and forget it" -- the instrument is STABLE.

If Peavy has recognized problems, I'm glad that they will fix them; but I can't accept that the problems were prevalent across the CA line. I wish them good luck.

Ray