View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCavalier View Post
Looks good Nick, keep going and have fun with it. It's just a guitar
Thanks King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
I'm sure Charles means well, probably just did not come out that well. I can't speak of allergic reactions to wood dust but more toward reactions to laundry detergent and or fire retardant material. At the point when sometimes it is painful just wearing regular clothes. Hope I can get over it.
THAT is something I can relate to. I've had Tourette's Syndrome all my life, and one of the co-morbid things I have to deal with (though less now than when I was a kid), is sensory processing disorder. Specifically, my tactile sense is sometimes screwy. Certain kinds of cloth feel like fiber glass on my skin. Can be quite painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom West View Post
Spanish Cedar and CA glue are both nasty to my senses. There are folks who are long time workers who have been continually exposed to wood dusts that have developed nasal cancers. Pardon the pun but not something to be sneezed at.
Tom
Perhaps contrary to appearances, I am taking this seriously. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit, using my drum sander before I've got dust collection put together. I do value the long term health of my lungs and sinuses. And I was wearing a mask yesterday while I was working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuw View Post
Viking your build is looking good.

In the real world I'm a contractor, I always cringe when someone wants a cedar deck. My eyes itch, and I sneeze everytime I cut a board. The green treated framing material is worse with all kinds of nasty chemicals. I put on a good mask when ever I have to work with the stuff.
I can appreciate that. I have a number of environmental allergies myself. I take allergy shots once or twice a month.