View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 02:07 PM
Charter Member

Default Webber OM cutaway, Flamed Maple has sold........READ about my Fairbanks!

Thanks Rye. I thought about removing the post, but figured it has sailed into the recesses of AGF annals.

Sadly for you who have not experienced David Webber guitars, especially David's maple/cedar combination, this beauty has gone back to where I sent it one time earlier. Another of great AGF friends had to have it so we concocted a 4 guitar trade that enable him to get the beloved maple OMc and I the McAlister 000-28 that I let go back to him.

I also received my first Dale Fairbanks guitar, a 2016 F-40 (think of the Gibson J-185 of which Gibson made only 280 some natural models 1951-59). Dale Fairbanks makes great guitars which can be attested to by the high end guitar shops that are carrying his wonder pieces. My F-40 has torrefied maple back and sides, a torrefied spruce top AND a torreified mahogany neck. Wow.

I encourage all of you AGF'er to check out Dale's website
www.fairbanksguitars.com and then find one to play or better yet buy. You wont be sorry. Up and coming and still under the radar so really reasonably priced!!!!!!!!