View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 09:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkLitIScream View Post
Thanks for the responses folks.
What would you all say about using XLR to 1/4 adapter for 1 mic and then the regular xlr for the other? Would there be a significant loss of signal?

This is really just for personal enjoyment and sharing with friends so nothing too professional. But still a decent quality recording.

As for my style, think Julian Page's Day and Age. That's about the most upbeat piece id play. I enjoy slower paced instrumentals of modern pop songs too (Ed Sheehan and the like).
Hi CLIS

As you know from several posts it will not work. If your needs grow and you decide to add a second mic, you need to bump up one level in preamps/interfaces, and buy the Focusrite Scarlet model with two XLR inputs (it's only $150). It would serve you well and make mixing quick and easy (which it should be to avoid distracting you from playing and recording music).

I have captured wonderful acoustic guitar recordings with single mic approach. The reason 2 channels is 'fun' is for adding stereo spacing, or perhaps altering the overall feel of the guitar when listening through headphones, or a wonderful speaker system in surround fashion. But that's pretty momentary, and I've loved the recordings a well placed single mic can bring.

It also avoids things like phase cancelation, and side effects when recording which accompany wide stereo captures.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…