View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 05:41 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorefinger View Post
Hi Guys,
Been learning Carcassi over the past Two years, Keys A C G and E,
Methodically gone through each key with my excellent teacher, Scale, Chords, Scales study, Prelude them main piece, i'm now after Two years of blood sweat and tears near the very end of my studies in these keys, I have also learnt to read music along the way, well, I get by if you know what I mean.
Although its obviously been tough, I've enjoyed it massively and am very proud of my achievement, I think I am playing reasonably well.
However, over the past few weeks I've been feeling slightly disillusioned, possibly bored? i'm not sure.
Some of the Classical pieces are very beautiful, like Air on a G string, but I find many very dull, whereas my teacher says how beautiful they are, I don't agree but as He's such a great teacher and taught me so much I haven't got the heart to say anything. Also, as my reading skills aren't great each piece takes a massive effort and I guess i'm struggling as my heart isn't in every piece, or so it seems. Although i'm learning solo Guitar I sometimes feel i'm playing background music, many of my family members feel its 'ok', but all this effort doesn't seem to be making much impression, with anyone.
I love the mellow tones of a Nylon string Guitar over steel, but just lately ive started watching a lot of fingerstyle Blues and although I can say its beautiful, [obviously i'm not comparing it to Classical] its looks and sounds like so much fun! Where am I going wrong? I love 'some' Classical and I have a great teacher, but dreaming of fingerstyle Blues, the way I see it is, as these two music styles are so far apart its either one or the other, cant be good at both, as I said, ive put so much into my studies but 'maybe' getting slightly bored and looking for something else? Feeling like i'm looking for the Holy Growl! Any advice much appreciated.
Try something new. Stephen Wake. Orkney tuning.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}: