View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 03:27 PM
Charter Member

That's a beautiful guitar! Thank you for sharing the pics and your experience with the guitar so far. My 2018 X10 cocobolo nylon string has amber sides and back.

Does the guitar have a truss rod? If so, perhaps tweaking the truss rod could achieve the string height that is ideal for you? My 2018 X-10 nylon string guitar came with the action set really low, which was SO wonderful to play, but had a lot of string buzz, especially on the lower strings. I got rid of the buzz by adjusting the truss rod to raise the action a bit. Fretting the guitar is no longer a perfect dream, but is still very good, especially because of the custom neck parameters that Alistair .

Interesting to compare your custom scale length new X7 to my custom scale length X10. By extending the standard X7 scale length, Alistair moved your bridge down. By diminishing the standard X10 scale length (from 650 mm to 640 mm), Alistair had to move the bridge on my X10 up.

My new X10 nylon string guitar is quieter than all of my wooden classical guitars. I really like the tonal qualities of both of my nylon string X10s (2008 and 2018), especially the new one. The tonal qualities of carbon fiber are just different from the tonal qualities of wood. I appreciate both.

My new X10 is ergonomically perfect for me sitting down, but I would like to move the upper bout strap button for standing up.

If you're up to a few questions: (And if not, that's fine)

Does your X7 have a flat fretboard or a radiused fretboard? Thin neck or thick neck? nut width? string separation at the nut and at the bridge?

I hope that your new X7 gives you many hours of enjoyment!