View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 10:21 AM
LouieAtienza LouieAtienza is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,622

Personally, I'm pretty sure the diagram refers to the process and not the end result. I prefer to just say horizontal grain or vertical grain, though grain at a bias I'd still call rift. Because, obviously, a log flatsawn will have one board cut through the center and will be perfectly "quartered" even though the process was flatsawing, while slicing a quartered log will yield one perfectly "quartered" board and others of varying degrees of rift.
Reply With Quote