View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjk View Post
Studio one 3 needs an upgrade after my OS upgrade to Catalina I believe. I assume the old one doesn’t support 64 bit. Studio one 4 has no specific features I need as my requirements are quite limited.

I would be willing to spend more to get what I need, but when I look at the professional grade DAWs the upgrades seem to be more about sampling and add ons and mastering and production. None of which I need. 8 tracks would be a lot for me, and this is just for my amusement.

Regarding garage band, I’m spooked by the type of negative reviews it gets. It’s not about functionality, it seems to be more about process failures, lost material, inability to get to older tracks, etc. I’m willing to pay a bit to avoid glitches that would cause me to give up on the idea again.

Hearing from someone using the current version of garage band on the latest OS version without major glitches would be great.

Thanks again. I appreciate the feedback.
I'm running garageband on Mojave OS 10.14.6. I've never encountered any of those problems that you've alluded to. However, the latest Apple OS is Catalina, which has well documented issues involving its inability to run 32 bit programs. Most of the 3rd party plugins that I find very useful in garageband would not work with Catalina, as a consequence I've stayed with Mojave and have been glitch-free.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24