View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 06:46 PM

Cool LoHz Dynamic w/o Phantom , Condensers w/ Phantom & HiHz Matched Pair Mics

I've the C01 and after testing it's [ Quietness ] on my Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 I found it to be quite a nice mic .
The difference in the C01 & the C03 is the roll off switches to attenuate the LoHz's boominess and gain level if it's to hot a mic for your interface , aside from
that they are the same mic .

I've used a Shure SM57 and the results are really good too .

Between these two mics the natural sound of a guitar's reverberation is captured pretty nice .

I'm about to go into my Scarlett's two line inputs with the stereo output of my Tascam DR44WL's
X/Y [ matched pair ] condenser mics .

With the DR44WL I can use the C01 w/phantom , the SM57 w/o phantom and the X/Y Stereo condenser
mics all together going into my 6i6 line inputs . In ther [Right Room ] this could be really awesome .

On stereo imaging -

Their is a good sounding difference doing this with a pair matched mics .

I've a pair of matched vintage Unishpere PE585's HiHz mics to experiment with also these mics have a Shure SM58 tone kind of quality . The XLR/TRS mic input allow me to use the Uniphere's too on the DR44WL

To be honest it's fun to see how each group of mics record's a sound .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me