View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
My question for James May or anyone in the know is:

If you train the ToneDexter in Slot 22, can that WaveMap be stored in another slot and still retain all the characteristics of its Slot 22 generation?

If so, this would mean that a player could train several guitars using Slot 22 and store these individual WaveMaps in other slots, and thus have WaveMaps ready for recording purposes as opposed to live-performances. I'm wondering, however, if a Slot 22-recorded WaveMap is stored in another slot, does that WaveMap get altered somewhat into a live-performance WaveMap by being stored in a non-Slot 22 slot?
My understanding is yes, you can store "recording optimized" WaveMaps in any available slot you wish. You could also store "live performance optimized" WaveMaps in any available slot you wish, including #22. Regardless of what slot the WaveMap is trained in, it won't be stored anywhere until a slot is chosen and the store function performed.

I've been trying to train a WaveMap for my Barberi Soloist-equipped guitar today, but the results are sounding thin and hollow so far. This was the first occasion where I've liked the dry pickup signal a lot more than the Dexterized signal. (I'm only playing every other string to train, as advised.) Oddly enough, the rig sounds very good with another guitar's WaveMap. Go figure.

I'm planning on also installing a PUTW SBT in the guitar, so I'll likely get satisfaction with a guitar-specific WaveMap sooner or later.

Last edited by guitaniac; 12-09-2017 at 04:57 PM.