View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 09:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Well I know my way around nice acoustics and have owned some nice archtops and I can say I love my little Olympic. When I bought mine, I had no intention of buying a guitar. I was telling a friend about a new song I had just written and he handed me an Olympic that was hanging on the wall right where we were standing. I immediately was taken by the almost resonator tone the guitar had, and that's coming from someone who plays resonator quite a bit. They have a mid forward sound that can be very musical, and to me, that's what it's all about it. If you don't like the sound that's entirely up to you, but I'm surely not disappointed with mine!
I'm certainly not disappointed in the Olympic...Just picked one of these up for a good price, and i like it!
The Olympic sounds like no other guitar I have. I used it last week on 2 singer songwriter type gigs. Ran it thru a Boss eq into my Fishman Artist. Still some quack, but overall pretty good. I like the feel of the neck too. Im not a jazz player, and it's certainly not a flat top sounding acoustic, but it is starting to open up and there is something i like about it's midrange and the way that it feels. i guess different strokes...

Last edited by jricc; 04-02-2019 at 05:49 PM.