View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Sounds good, nice work.

We do it in the original key. I'm a baritone, but I have learned how to sing these types of songs in the correct key with lessons. We also do Harvest Moon and Long May You Run in the original key. It took some work but it sounds a lot better. I get lots of compliments on the vocals and how "Neil Young-ish" I sound.
Just a suggestion, but if you're interested, check out Ken Tamplin on You Tube. He is a vocal instructor who has been of enormous help and has enabled me to extend my range significantly. Even his free stuff is worthwhile.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've never really understood the need to do songs in the same key as the original recording. For me, it's more important to find the sweet spot for my own voice. I can sing it in the original key, but for me, this just feels better and more natural to me.

But every voice is different, of course! I've personally never been one to aim for the original key. Just for what makes the song pop for my own voice and ears.

I do, however, really appreciate you taking the time to write the advice and suggestion. Thank you very much! Have a great day

Seagull Performer CW Concert Hall Burnt Umber

Norman B-20