View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
This is the reason I don’t like the K&K and would rather use a UST with ToneDexter or the Anthem/Fishman VT Enhance.
Yeah I moved away from the K&K in the past because of similar issues but this Collings couldn't have an undersaddle fitted without modifying the saddle slot (ie. making it a drop in saddle that looks like a through saddle which is what my OM28v has).

I have heard the K&K sound great in guitars in the past so I know it can be done, it's just getting the right EQ dialled in I'm hoping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnewsom View Post
This would be going a different direction, but a Bose T1 mixer just might do the trick.

You can run a vocal mic plus two dedicated guitars, and a line level output device.

I'm pretty sure that it has a K&k tone patch, and some for most of the other makes of pick ups.

It also offers two separate levels of tone control for each channel a three band and a parametric notch control. Compression, Chorus, Tremelo, and Delay effects are also available on each channel, as well as reverb.

The unit is very compact, and sounds great.
An interesting diversion - I've seen people use these with the L1 systems and they have sounded great! I'll look into them but my initial research suggests that a lot of settings are sort-of 'tucked' away in sub-menus but I assume you can assign the core adjustable settings (EQ, notch) to the three controls on the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
I am not a professional musician and I don’t play out that often. Maybe the simple set up you described with two different eq pedals into one switch box would be the most simple.

What about a small digital mixer with guitars in two different channels. I have done this before. Vocal in one channel panned left so the left output/vocal can go to the FOH. Then the guitars panned right going through the right output. Just mute whichever one you want. Endless eq options available here.

Since the Para eq is digital, it probably has presets also. Maybe one A/B switch to feed both guitars into, single cable out to the Para eq and then just recall the preset when you decide which guitar you will use for each song. Save you from buying two Para eq.

As I said, I am not playing out much anymore and all this might be easy at home and more complicated when playing out. Just my input.
I think the ParaEQ is analogue (not that it really matters if it sounds good!) but I'm glad at least somebody thinks my initial idea might be the simplest! I could fit 2 ParaEQ, my BlueSky and perhaps a muting DI from Orchid Electronics on my current pedal board and that would give me a lot more control than I have already, and I'd still have my Orchid Preamp for the odd gig where I'd just be taking my Martin and a cable (festival gigs mainly).

Thanks for your contributions by the way folks - I know I've dismissed a few ideas but it's not to say I don't appreciate them, it's always food for thought when other people chip in, what a great resource pool we have here!