Thread: For Sale: 2010 Olson SJ BW w/full vine
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 02:14 PM

Default 2010 Olson SJ BW w/full vine

I'm a folksinger/public school teacher who wants to convert this guitar into a Sprinter van to take me to DC.

This is a "museum" piece guitar that Jim built for me in 2010. If you don't like bling, move on and put on sunglasses. The full vine has beautiful colors which dance in the light as you play. The guitar has been played, yet is virtually spotless. Why? I take care of my guitars. The guitar has opened up beautifully and, in my opinion, sounds like a grand piano. It took me one full year of playing gigs in Minnesota to pay for it in 2010.

Price? I likely wouldn't sell it for less than $30k. I'm not going to worry about it. Perhaps you're a rich guitarist and could pay a premium, if so, hooray! I don't know. I'm taking the best offer I get and am going to move fast. My new van will depreciate in value from day one; this guitar will appreciate. I've come to understand that I was only a custodian of Jim's craftsmanship and it is time for the next custodian. This guitar, well cared for, should last hundreds of years. A new van will allow me to continue bringing music to kids, travel to Washington, and take a nap whenever I get tired.

PRICE Drop: $28,500

Tim Brown

Pictures here: https://olsonsj2017.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

Last edited by Earthworm; 03-10-2018 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Political comment