View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycat View Post
Maybe a long shot, but does anyone have any experience with one of these?

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJLciCrKFks"]...

I typically put down a guitar track, then a separate vocal track. I am a bit confused as to whether I would have to play another guitar accompaniment with the vocal, as that seems to be how the contraption figures out the harmonies to sing.

However, I would not want to record the guitar accompaniment to the vocals, and I am trying to figure out if that would work. In the demo, I am not hearing ukulele harmonies, is that just because it's further from the mic?

I wonder if I could plug in the Audacity guitar track, instead of a guitar, and it could figure out the harmonies from that?

Hopefully that makes sense. There are also other seemingly similar products out there, if anyone has a recommendation.

Thanks!

In my latest Cd, there are 3 cuts where I used this to good advantage. On two of them I got effects that sounded like a group singing along with me. the other was just close harmony. Mostly (all the rest), I did the harmonies the old-fashioned way and overdubbed them, singing live.

You can set it for the key; it doesn't have to pick it up off the guitar. I don't trust my a capella work, so I use the guitar and do it in one or two takes. Some songs I find easier to use hands for the pedal; those would be the 2 take tracts.

I find it likes a strong sound to harmonize with. The uke might not provide that. Or maybe it will.

Fay OM Sinker Redwood/Tiger Myrtle
Sexauer L00 Adk/Magnolia For Sale
Hatcher Jumbo Bearclaw/"Bacon" Padauk
Goodall Jumbo POC/flamed Mahogany
Appollonio 12 POC/Myrtle
MJ Franks Resonator, all Australian Blackwood
Blackbird "Lucky 13" - carbon fiber
'31 National Duolian
+ many other stringed instruments.