View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 02:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublescale1 View Post
I started out on this modeling/Live mixed guitar sound way back with a Dear Mama Bear pre-amp - that still sounds great too but this Aura pickup system is much easier to use live - no extra box to carry around. The Tonedexter thing is something you make your own guitar modeled sounds with your guitar - I find it so much easier to have Fishman create them and just download them into the pickup, in the case of the Eclipse, in the Performing Artist guitar, Martin loads them in at the factory. Truly plug and play with minimal fussing around.
I've eyed the Eclipse off and on as a replacement in one of my Sonitone-equipped Martins, since I love the Aura VT Enhance in my expensive Martin. But I don't think the Sapele road series I have is exactly matched in the library, and I've had less success hooking it up to the Aura DI.

The Eclipse also looks a bit heavy and big, relatively speaking, so I wonder if it would affect the unplugged sound I love so much. But I really don't know if the VT Enhance on my other one is any less intrusive.

Tonedexter for now on the Sonitone!