View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 02:10 AM

Default Pedalboards - Need some inspiration! Preamps, effects, etc!

A little background;

So basically I’m mainly an electric guitarist. And have developed my rig to be some sort of hybrid mix of tubes and digital emulation. Anyway, I’m curious on what you guys have!

I do live gigs direct to PA, I’m also a church musician. In this particular very small church, I’m the acoustic player and basically no one else. I’d be lucky to have a pianist or a drummer. I feel like ive won the lottery if I have both pianist and drummer.

I’m new to this acoustic gig, So for starters, i just bought myself an affordable but very decent J-45 copy, but with an entry level Fishman Sonitone which I’m planning to replace soon with an Anthem or K&K.

I’m planning to assemble a simple pedalboard which i can use for recording/live gig situations. There’s still budget constraints, however, I’m not averse on paying top dollar for top shelf stuff. With some saving, ive built my electric rig as best as I can. So im planning to do the same with acoustic, although I dont know the who’s who in the acoustic game. I know Grace Design as one of my friends have it, but who else? And what else?

Also, I’ll try to be minimal. I can also do mic, since there’s just one spot in the PA reserved for me, but I want to try and see if I can “plug in” as much as possible because if I ever play in a different venue which mic’ing is not possible, then i’d be dead in the water.

What do you guys have?

DendenDeSarapen

"You dont choose the guitar, the guitar chooses you. If an any time the guitar chooses you, you have to buy it. If you can't afford it, and you can't steal, borrow, or come up with the money to buy it, you'll eventually die of a broken heart"