View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 06:34 PM
Charter Member

Thanks Doug for the two links. Some very interesting information there.
I especially like this idea...of using two cardiods to create a type of figure of 8, except that your left and right sides would be more defined as they are each capturing one side of the body instead of the entire body. A true left and right.
Add a center channel...and then we might have that Mid side strength, with real differences from Left and right. Excited about this one Doug.
I am definitely going to be giving this a try coming up. Thanks so much. This has great possibilities for my needs.
As far as the moving 90 degree chart, you will notice that the arrows are always facing outwards on the circle(as microphones would be when they come to those 90 angles at the four points. And each time they come to the four points, the Waves on the right figure become as one. Plus, the squares go away leaving full Quarters of the circle in the first. So, to me this still would indicate that 90 degrees is phase aligned.
However, like you mentioned...and I mentioned...science & math doesn't always line up with reality. But from some of my tests there was some relationship to the 90 degree thesis.
It is the same thing for certain modifications on a guitar. What shouldn't make a difference sometimes does. In other times...it makes no difference when maybe it should.