View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.bowman View Post
I have never played that particular Fano, but have had the chance to play many of their guitars at a friends shop. I would have never taken one off of the wall had he not suggested that I check one out, as I was completely turned off by the look they have. Just not my thing. More than that really, I just absolutely hate the look of them. The headstock, the fake relicing, etc. I took that first one off of the wall already convinced that I didn’t like it, but after playing it , I loved it. One of the best playing guitars I’ve tried, and I’ve tried a bunch. If it were not for the look of the ones I played, I would have bought one. I do like the look of the one you are eying. I would say go for it, and enjoy!
Thanks for the reply bow! Maybe some hate some love them but i think the matching headstock is really cool with the mix of tele and special/jr. I try this one yesterday and I agree the relic in the standards are really normal but its soft (dings and some razer haircuts). I prefer this relics than fender roadworns. The key is like you said: play it and that is when the magic appears. Chunky neck like a R8/R9, great sustain with low output fano pickups so the wood have more protagonism. Weight was ok 8lbs, correct i think for alder guitars. Didnt bought it cause i went without the money but i will define after christmas. Hugs!