View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 09:05 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio917 View Post
ok,
how does the soundcraft mixer transfer tracks to a computer for recording? ASIO? Does it transfer all 12 tracks simultaneously? How about loopback from stores tracks? Latency?

and on the livetrak...it records onto its own flash drive, right? How doe that get input into a computer DAW after recording? Or will it also record into a computer via ASIO or some other format?

just tryin to learn. Hopefully my questions and your answers will help other idiots like me:-)
I'm not familiar with the details of this mixer, but it looks like the MTK versions output all their channels over USB.

With the responses you've gotten on this thread, you may have noticed that the gear has fallen into 3 categories: (1) audio interface: these tend to be designed primarily for recording/playback, may have some features for live/stage use, may have I/O to connect to other recording gear, and may or may not work as standalone devices (2) stage boxes: these tend to be designed primarily for live/stage use, may have analog inputs/analog outputs/both, need some connection to a computer for storage/setup/control, and may or may not have mixer functionality built in (3) live/stage mixer: these may have USB interface for recording or playback, USB may only be stereo or may be able send/receive many channels.

You may want to familiarize yourself with the general capabilities of devices in these differing categories. Then choose a category of device that covers what your current and future needs are. Then, go into the details of specific devices to find your best fit.

You've also been referring to the DAWs you use. Seems you are already familiar with Audacity and the need to compile it when using ASIO, and you are using an old version of Sonar. Maybe you should also consider upgrading or other DAWs (depending on your needs, and how much time you want to put into this). I'm using Reaper (free full function demo available and $60 to register it).

2012 Carruth 12-fret 000 in Pernambuco and Adi
2010 Poling Sierra in Cuban Mahogany and Lutz
2015 Posch 13-fret 00 in Indian Rosewood and Adi

Last edited by ChuckS; 11-17-2017 at 09:33 AM.