View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
I bought a G&L ASAT made in Indonesia which is a nice piece of swamp ash in natural finish. I know you said you don't want to deal with a bunch or changes but FWIW, I put the Fishman Fluence Greg Koch signature system into the G&L--Actually I paid a dude $50 to handle the soldering work and everything else was a simple drop-in. When I took it to Guitar Centere technician with 35 years of experience said that mine was one of the best sounding Tele type guitars to come through there in years. Between the G&L guitar (purchased as a Musician's Friend "Stupid Deal of the Day" for $325 and the Fishman system which includes replacement pickups, a replacement for all the stuff that goes in the cavity, and a new jack which has a USB port on it to recharge the internal battery--all for about $350 or a little less and the axe (I put Sperzel locking tuners on it too)is a state of the art monster that can do anything a Telecaster can do. The neck position pup deliver amazing sounds--including an authentic Strat sound in which I can get an authentic Hendrix "Wind Cries Mary" sound and flick the pickup switch and be "chicken pickin' Johnny Hiland style the next moment. I would trade or sell it for the world.
Nice guitar and description of versatility with the upgrade. Thanks for sharing