View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
You're welcome! I fell in love with mine. I don't look at it like a travel guitar at all, but rather a guitar that happens to travel well. It has become my go-to. They amplify so good too; I play mine through an LR Baggs Session DI and then either into a Fender Acoustasonic or Yamaha THR5A depending on the need. If you find it isn't for you you could always sell it. Here is a video of Jonathan Koh reviewing it. Granted he is using some very high quality recording gear but this is what it sounds like mic'd (no idea what mic he is using) and finally through his user interface of choice.

Sounds great for such a small package! We like the slim C as we try to get our thumb around to mute the low E, but this looks fine. It is what it is.

As I learned about composite guitars for this OF660 purchase, it occurred to me that I may be better off replacing my wood guitar(s) with composite, because we're not going to stop traveling. In the last years, I've hauled my wood guitars around in a large fifth wheel/F350 rig and frankly, it's a PITA. They are very well cared for, but at increasing aggravation.

I love my Taylor 512 -12 fret and Martin OOO21 custom shop (both shorter scale), but composite may be a better fit. We'll cross that bridge perhaps in a couple years after this current trip. By that time, we are hoping the composite industry has some shorter scale offerings in the OOO/OM size, or maybe OO size, with a neck we can play.

I like the Rainsong's P12 parlor, but the N2/NS neck seems too large, which I think is a mistake on RS's part. A new offering in 2023 like Blackbird's discontinued Lucky 13 would be nice for us smaller folks as a "full size" guitar (for little people).

I haven't been able to get any useful info on the profile and sizing of Blackbird's Savoy eKoa model, but we like that guitar a lot. We read some technical info on the composite from their other company web site. If it doesn't delaminate around the joints in the acoustic application, it seems like a winner.

Or, a custom Emerald may work. We think the necks are too wide (2.3" @ 12th). I'd order one with a more narrow nut, reduced string spacing and more narrow neck. The time we are ready, Emerald may have a standard offer in our sizing.