View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesmith View Post
Thank you!

I will take your advice. i will make one of these two a real model, and the blacktop will represent a custom guitar with variations.
I hope I did not sound too harsh in some of my posts, I would like to see you succeed. But I have spent most of my life in production environments, worked in a test lab where the company also made composite parts for aircraft, have a brother that developed products and stared his own company, have gone through the design process myself a number of times, and most of all have made a (only) few guitars.

I started my first acoustic and set up to build a few of the same design before completing the first (sound familiar?). Bent sides for what ultimately became five guitars.

In my case I just wanted to give them away and not a lot of money invested in them. Probably no need to mention this is not the boat you are in. After finishing the first one I learned a lot, did some changes for the next ones, learned on the way. I may change the forms if I were to make more the same size of guitar, refining the design with the knowledge I gain. Think you may want to do the same after living with your first prototype also.

When I suggested selling a good model I meant multiples of one design and profits from that guitar can be used to build a whole line. I think designing a process to be able to make a whole line might be reaching too high at first. If you concentrate on making the one design and learning what you really need to do to produce it you may see different ways of doing things to what you think you need.

If you have time I think you should watch this vid and the companion ones from LMI. I won't say more about them as they speak for themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IJ8rg6lw44