Thread: Olson SJ BRW
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
Oh, my goodness, Mau! Already "The Tree" Olson, and now a braz/cedar on order, and potentially a braz/spruce in a couple of years?!?! I save my pennies to get my one Olson, and I feel very fortunate to own that. It's currently shown on Jim's website under "Recently Sold" at the bottom of page 3. Not much bling, but I sure love it!

http://www.olsonguitars.com/rs.php?page=3

I look forward to your continuing this thread once the build begins.
Bill,

Your BRW is spectacular. Your guitar is actually an upgrade from the model that I'm about to commission. As for "The Tree", I really wanted the abalone edging around the headstock and the fingerboard (Harvey Leach is building me a guitar with similar bling). The full vine inlay and 42 style extension took weeks of soul searching before I gave in and told Jim to go ahead...

A lot of people are much better off than I am -- but I choose to invest in the things I'm really passionate about. And if one day I'm stuck with kids and a family, I'll have plenty of guitars to go GAS-less until my old days.

As a single guy, my number one priority is my parents. We go fine dining several times a month and they travel on my dime to wherever they want whenever they want. They still work a modest job -- but they know they don't have to worry.

For the rest, I was always into cars and guitars. I live in Quebec, where cars rot in just a few years so I quit that hobby a few years ago. Guitars last much longer...

I think Jim will start the builds in just a few months so this thread won't go idle for too long. I will also post pictures of the BRW when I make a final decision (soon).