View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 10:39 AM

Default Long distance lessons-adult learning

My oldest son lives 1,100 miles away. I bought him a guitar when he was a kid but he lacked the interest to learn.

Now, at 35, he told me “You know Dad I thought it would be fun to play with you and (his brother).” I think there was some regret in his voice and a touch of envy. (And, honestly, it triggered some regret in me.)

I asked him if he would put the time in if I sent him a guitar and we did FaceTime calls for the purpose of getting him the basics. He enthusiastically responded YES!

I’m not a teacher (though I’ve hired and trained a lot of sales people over the years), but the more I think about this I believe my best course of action is to use an established method of instruction.

Can you recommend a book based lesson plan that we can use together for the adult learner?

And please, before I get flamed to death, I want to work with him. I admit he’d probably get more out of a pro teacher but this is more than learning to play guitar.