View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 06:49 AM
Charter Member

Talking

Composite Acoustics went out of business in late Feb or 2010. Peavey purchased the company soon after.

I very much my CA GX player with the RT neck (2008 model). I take it camping or places where I do not have to worry about leaving it in the car for a while. I do not know what type of pickup it has - I can't quite tell but I also have not done a "medically thorough" investigation. It works, but since I no longer play out, I don't really need to know.

I also really enjoy my CA Cargo. I take this to northern Nicaragua, where I work each year for 4-6 weeks. The coffee farm is within a very humid forested area, and we are way off the grid. The Cargo is perfect for the situation. And it fits in the overhead of most planes.

I have read comments over in the Classifieds (from which I bought both of mine), that ping between those who prefer the Pre-Peavey vs. those who prefer the Peavey-made models (as stated in a couple posts here). I wish I could find some to do the comparison. All I can suggest is that if you don't need "the best" then buy on price. And you can't beat the prices over in the Classifieds (some Cargo's and larger sizes are posted now).

John

Martin D-41, Larrivee L-19; Gibson L-130; Taylor 614-ce-L30; R Taylor 2
H&D Custom OM; Bauman 000
Cervantes Crossover I; Kenny Hill 628S;
Rainsong Shorty SGA; CA GX Player, Cargo;
Alvarez AP70; Stella, 12-string; 2 Ukes; Gibson Mandola; Charango, couple electrics