View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
Agreed. I had a pre-Peavey model and my current Peavey model, both at the same time, and the Peavey one is still with me (for now). The pre-Peavey did have both a tone and volume knob in the sound hole, whereas the Peavey has a single volume in the hole. But honestly I prefer just having a volume... since the pickup tone is great as-is. The tone control would just be something to fiddle with.

I prefer the raw carbon finish of the Peavey to the painted pre-Peavey that I had. I also prefer the Peavey open-gear tuners to the pre-Peavey Schallers (or whatever they were).

I've been toying with selling or trading the Peavey Cargo. I bought it as a travel/camp/whatever guitar that I could just not care about regarding temp/humidity changes. It's perfect for that. It plays flawlessly and sounds great. But I usually play my full-size guitars most of the time, or my mandolins. When I do feel the need to play on a small/parlor size instrument, I have a Yamaha CSF1M that also sounds great. Though it doesn't have a cutaway and active electronics like the Cargo does. I've got a room that's overflowing with acoustic instruments... and I'm TRYING to thin the herd a little as I prepare for semi-retirement. But I'll-be-darned if they don't just keep multiplying in there! I think I have at least 20 acoustic instruments to feed (water) and care for right now... in that respect the Cargo has them all beat. I should just sell EVERYTHING and keep the Cargo! Would make my life very easy.
What pickup is in your pv cargo? What year did pv buy composite acoustics? anyone know?

Last edited by varmonter; 05-08-2019 at 04:39 PM.