View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 10:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
What would that VU meter be measuring? Usually it's output (work being done).
Not sure what a VU meter would indicate when current not flowing through it.
If the mics were truly "hot", I would have thought this would have been evident on the VU meters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
I don’t think this would cause the problem you’re having, but you should connect the preamp output to the Scarlett 2i4 using a 1/4” plug at the 2i4. Using a xlr at the 2i4 runs it into the mic preamp which can handle only a 3.5 dbu max signal (even with switch set to line).
I don't have a female XLR to 1/4" plug cable to try that. Based on nothing else working, probably is not the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
So if everything works by taking the Seb out of the equation then the problem is definitely with Seb I have never used one so just guessing
First are you letting the Pre's tubes warm up ? say 5 or more minutes ?
If so :::
#1 what about Bad tubes ???? is there any venting slots where you can see if the tube/s are glowing inside the pre amp (without having to take the cover off) ?

It is strange it really almost sounds like maybe the phantom power is not getting to the mic circuit But if the light is on then it should be ???
Have you tried a dynamic mic and see if you get any signal in the VU meter's ???
Tried letting the unit warm up for 10 minutes, still dead as a doornail on the VU meters with the output gain turned up. You can feel the mics getting warm though putting you hand on the cover. The phantom power light for both channels comes on also.

I'll try a dynamic mic but it's a moot point as I record solo guitar with SDC's and LDC's.

The more I think about it, something is definetly wrong with this unit. It's going back to Soundpure. At least I have the new Motu interface coming in on Monday to start working with.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)