Thread: Fear of Failure
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 02:11 PM

Great thread, Glenn and thanks for sharing your thoughts/feelings on this! I do share many of these same items as I move along with "my stuff". However, a little different stance is that I willing jump into a project, and then part way in, wonder what I've done to myself! So, for me it's not a question of starting, but one of "holy crap, how am I gonna get out of this"! Not finishing, or completing, isn't an option in my mind. Am I good enough for this............sometimes, not so sure.
This could be a passage that I compose, but find it pretty challenging to play which brings doubts about my abilities to actually play and record successfully what I've created. At other times, pushing through getting material lined up for a project (CD's in particular).........I have come to understand how different folks react to my tunes as they inject thoughtful responses based on their own life experiences and musical tastes, but always lurking will be the little voice saying, "Is anybody really going to like this"? Even though this is all for my own enjoyment, I still find that I want to put things out there...some nice folks both here and in my family have sustained me in doing this! Thank you!!
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium